San Diego, CA is one of the absolute best locations in the United States for saltwater sportfishing. Whether you’re in town for business or pleasure, an offshore sportfishing trip should be on your list of things to do each and every time you visit. Not only will you have a great time, but you can return home with a bounty of fresh and delicious fish to impress your friends and family.
Depending on the time of year, you can expect to catch a variety of fish including tuna, dorado, yellowtail, marlin, barracuda, calico bass, mako shark, thresher shark, halibut, rock cod, and lingcod.
Captain Clowers Charters offers several different trip lengths to accommodate your busy schedule. Due to the popularity of our sportfishing charters, we have expanded our saltwater fleet to 3 boats, including the newest addition – a luxury 36′ Riviera Sportfisher that can handle up to 6 anglers. But don’t wait too long to book, our calendar fills up fast. Secure your date below.
Now offering optional luxury sportfishing trips aboard our beautiful 36′ Riviera sportfisher!
Select one of the “luxury” option trips when making your reservation to fish from our 36′ Riviera sportfishing yacht which is “West Coast Rigged” and features top of the line equipment including Furuno Side Scanning Sonar. 1/2 day, 3/4 day, and full day luxury trips include coffee and water.
Luxury Trips – 36′ Riviera Sportfisher “6-pack”
Depending on the season and fishing conditions we may only be able to target tuna on full day or longer trips. 3/4 day trips will generally be fishing around the Coronado Islands or local, while 1/2 day trips will typically conducted local and targeting yellowtail, barracuda, bass or other inshore species, or in the bay depending on the conditions.
|Luxury 3/4 Day
|6 persons max
|Luxury Full Day
|6 persons max
|Luxury TROPHY BLUEFIN TUNA
|6 persons max
For longer trips or to inquire about special accommodations, please call (619) 800-3474.
Book Your Offshore Charter Fishing Trip Now
What to Bring on Trips
- California fishing license or Mexican fishing license depending on what waters we are fishing
- Passport if fishing inside the 12 mile zone in Mexican waters – please contact Captain Clowers ahead of your trip to confirm license and passport situation
- Food and drinks, beer is ok as long as its in a can – no hard liquor
- Sunglasses (polarized recommended)
- Rubber boots, sandals or old shoes as the deck can get bloody and wet
- Big ice chest or trash bags for your fish after we get back to the dock
Fish Cleaning Options
- The Captain and/or crew will fillet your catch for you and put it in ziplock bags on the ride home from the fishing grounds.
- A $15 per fish fee is imposed for tuna under 50 pounds.
- You MUST make arrangements prior your trip to have any fish over 50 pounds processed.
- Tuna over 50 pounds will not be filleted on the water and will need to be taken home whole.
- We recommend using a fish processor for these larger fish.
- We recommend Fast and Easy Fish Pickup.
- If you need your fish processed and shipped, we recommend Five Star Fish Processing.
- Properly processed fish can be enjoyed all year if taken care of.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Fuel Surcharge – Trip prices are based upon fuel prices up to, but not exceeding $4/gallon. If fuel prices rise above that threshold, an additional fuel surcharge may be added for offshore trips. Contact us for more details and current fuel rates.
- Loss of fishing equipment is not included. If fishing rods go overboard, it’s the client’s responsibility to pay for the equipment before leaving the boat.
- No toddlers or infants
- Riviera “luxury” upgrade – If you book one of our standard trips and one of our two smaller sportfishers is not able to run a trip due to mechanical issues or otherwise, and our larger 36′ Riviera luxury sportfisher is available, we may give you the option to run the trip using that boat for an additional fee (the difference in cost between our standard and luxury trip of the same length).
- Cruising speeds on our charters are dependent on weather conditions.